Monday, June 13, 2011

What a rockin' rocking chair!

Pin It So our devoted Facebook followers will know that Josie is on holidays at the moment in her hometown of Sydney...and that leaves 'her baby', aka The Blog a little neglected as we all know she is the one who has a 'way with words' and not moi!!

But, I couldn't leave you all waiting for our next post....so here is a little glimpse into our latest project.

A friend of mine kindly donated a little girls rocking chair to me recently, sweet baby pink with delightful fairies on it. Now those of you who know me...or know Miss Elephant, know that fairies "aren't my bag, baby"...so we had to do away with those and give them a little touch of The Owl & the Elephant of course!

Here are some before shots:





So this morning, a fine blustery Perth winter day...made me feel like tackling a project. Now Mr Elephant is on his last day of holidays today, so Mrs Elephant being ever so crafty (in the evil sense of the word!) only had to utter the words "Honey, I 'wonder' if this rocking chair seat would come apart with a screwdriver?". Of course my Mr Fixit jumped at the chance to whip out the tool box and got to work disassembling the chair for me.

The as you can see in this photo below, there was a nasty crack and bulge in the seat area which had to be sanded...a few more words from the Elephant and he was onto that too!



My oldest Elephant, almost 4 just loves Monkeys, and you may have seen this Sock Monkey Light Switch Cover we made for her some time back (available to purchase here), so I thought it would match perfectly to use that fabric on the renovated rocking chair which will sit in her bedroom. So I got to work....here are some 'during' shots...










Now it should be dry some time today, tomorrow I will finish off trimming it all up and then reassemble it and post the 'after' shots!!

Please leave a comment below and let us know what you think so far. Also if you are in Perth and have a piece of furniture you would like us to add The Owl & the Elephant touch to, contact us here. We love a challenge! 


There is a sample of our current furniture pieces on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...