Saturday, January 8, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes....

Pin It So faithful follower, you might find yourself wondering a little more about "The Owl and the Elephant" so let us share with you a bit more about who we are.

"The Owl" is Josie - Sydneysider at heart, relocated to Perth 4 years ago. Married to Tyler and mum to 4 beautiful children Toby (8 in March, gees when did that happen?) Alex (5) Bella (3) and Max (18 mths)

"The Elephant" is Nat - Perth born and bred, married to Chris and mum to two gorgeous girls Evie (3) and Mischa (10 mths)

We are both incredibly blessed in our families as our children are just amazing (and we are not biased AT ALL!). And they all get on incredibly well (99.9% of the time anyway!)
The Owl and the Elephant is our newest baby. It has been such a joy getting it "up and running" and learning to juggle our kids, our home life, our social life and our work life but we have loved every minute.

Our families provide incredible support and  life with kids... well, they just make everything so much fun! To be able to see what they see for just a moment, to "simplify" life through the eyes of a child would I'm sure be a breath of fresh air into many lives.... to be just as happy with a brand new flashy toy as with seeing a furry caterpillar in the garden.

Recently our church put on a pantomime "Snow White and her Motley Crew" and the kids just LOVED it.
A few days later as I (Mrs Owl) was sitting at home, Miss 3 came toddling in to me wearing her clickly plastic $3 Target heels...and so began the following conversation:
"Mum, do we have any poisoned apples?"
"Ah, no I think we are fresh out of poisoned apples"
"Ohhh but Prince Charming won't come! I need to be poisoned!!"
"You don't need a Prince Charming yet sweetheart"
"Noo but I want his horse!!!"

Sometimes kids say the darndest things! I still remember when Master 7 came to me with this pearl of wisdom:
"Mum Superman must have had a pretty bad mum - she never taught him that undies go on the inside" (he was 3 at  the time!)

Then of course there is Mrs Elephant's eldest daughter Evie, who once informed me she could not go swimming "because I forgot my water skin!". She loves nothing more than playing with her Owl and the Elephant Doctors kit and once came to Mrs Elephant with kit in tow... "Mummy, let me check your heart. OH NO! You are VERY sick! You have snake germs!!!"

What do YOU do with all these moments?  I have come to the decision that it is time to start writing them all down so they don't get forgotten. These moments pass by so quickly! Blink and they are gone, that 3 year old who was so concerned about Superman's underpants is suddenly 16 and wayyyyyy too cool to care!

We would love to hear some of the funny things your kids have come out with.

Thought of the moment:
Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  ~Elizabeth Stone

2 comments:

  1. My daughter once said to me, "Mummy when I grow up I want to be just like you, because you always make everyone happy and smile" :-) Pure child love thoughts are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is Just beautiful!! My son always makes sure to tell me I look beautiful when he can see I am getting ready to go anywhere. It just makes your heart melt doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...