Wednesday, September 14, 2011

R U OK?

Pin It Soooooo most of the time I am without a doubt heart smileish happy. I mean come on I have not one, not two, not three but FOUR yes FOUR gorgeous children who make me laugh every day, a loving husband who thinks I look gorgeous in my underwear despite the bakery that hangs over the top of my granny knickers and a handful of the bestest friends a gal could ever ask for (you know who you are!) but sometimes when my eyes peek open in the morning to the sounds of "muuummmmm I think you need to come look at this" or I  open the letterbox to see the phone bill poking out instead of my latest online purchases, or have an argument over something stoopid with someone I love, or realise that this weeks paycheck will not buy me even half an african elephant (ok, it never will but you know, just sayin) it is hard to smile...

So when I think back to the days when a smile was the last thing I could muster up, when the idea of getting up, doing my hair and pretending to care about...well...anything I become incredibly grateful for the little things in my life, the phone bills, the jar of vegemite smeared up the kitchen wall, the silly arguments which always end with a hug and the people who thought to ask me way back when "R U OK?" and who gave me the courage to say ... yeah you know what? No.




The 15th of September is National  R U OK day. A day which aims to encourage Australians to reach out to someone they care about and ask the question are you ok and listening to the answer behind the words. We get so busy in our day to day lives it becomes so easy to ask the question without actually hearing the response. Tomorrow is your chance to listen, to help someone muster up that smile and know that their is someone who cares.

Who are you going to ask?






Thought of the moment:

Friends remind you that by their very steadfastness, that truth, beauty and goodness exist in that world, and that no matter what, there are and always will be people loving people through thick and thin.
anon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...