Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sometimes people are just plain lovely | Little Brown Owl

Pin It Sometimes its so easy to get caught up in our own little worlds and focus on the negatives. Who can blame us? Turn the news on at night and count the "happy" stories (and no I dont mean the one token oh look a cat got caught in a drain pipe lets finish the news on a high kinda story!)


But sometimes,there are moments which just make you smile, and sometimes people are just plain lovely...


Here is one of those stories.


A week or so ago I posted a link on our Facebook page to a tutorial to make a coffee cup cosy with of course another moustache on (yes, we  moustaches at The Owl & the Elephant and aren't afraid to admit it!! See here for more moustache lovin'). Now I would have LOVED to have added it to my projects list and found the time to make it, but let's face it...I am having a BABY in 6 weeks!! Prioritise!!


Anyhoo, a number of our lovely likers commented on it and one of them was Lori from Little Brown Owl. This gorgeous lady offered to MAKE ME ONE!! YES!! I was so blown away with such a gesture. Now Josie has been known to refer to me as the Ice Queen, in the most affectionate way possible and I fully acknowledge I am not one to show my emotions and aren't the 'huggy type'...but this offer actually made me get a little misty-eyed! I was totally blaming the pregnancy then thought, nup...you know what? That was a REALLY nice thing for a stranger to do! So without further ado...I hereby present my lovely gift that arrived in today's mail...







So thank you Lori!! I love it!!!!!!!


Thought of the moment: 

Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...